BEA Inc. (BEA Americas) is a leading provider of sensors, solutions, and accessories for activation, measurement, and safety in several market segments including pedestrian and industrial automatic doors, vehicle gates and barriers, and logistics automation. The company’s product portfolio utilizes several sensing technologies including microwave, active and passive infrared, and laser time of flight. The Director of R&D for Americas is directly responsible for engineering and quality and is a member of the leadership team of BEA Americas. She/he plays an important strategic role in identifying new technologies and capabilities to fuel the company’s successful and innovative product development plans. He/she leads the engineering team for the Americas and works closely with a global R&D team and the Company’s CTO based in Liege Belgium, to drive the development of new products and platforms to maintain BEA’s leadership position in the markets it serves. As a member of the leadership team for BEA Americas, the Director of R&D supports the company’s purpose to build a convenient, safe, automated world and works to achieve the vision of market expansion through innovation and continuous improvement.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Effectively fulfill leadership role as a member of the management team. Provide leadership, coaching, and development for engineering and quality team.
- Demonstrate a deep understanding of sensor technology and applications as well as a track record of leading the development of successful products. Knowledge and experience in developing digital solutions such as apps and software development kits which support the use and evaluation of technical products is a plus.
- Develop and execute a strategic vision and plan for the engineering department in line with the strategic vision of the company.
- Provide leadership, coaching, and development for the Engineering development and industrialization
- Lead the development process to deliver on the timeline, functions, performance specifications, and cost targets to deliver new products and sustain existing products. Coordinate and direct projects, making detailed plans to accomplish goals and directing the integration of technical activities
- Provide inspirational leadership in managing all engineering projects and teams and ensuring that they remain within budget, scope and schedule requirements.
- Develop disruptive products that combine hardware and software and lead development from conception or near conception through the testing cycle to manufacturing and market success.
- Communicate with other departments (locally and globally) regarding the status of projects, activities, and accomplishments in support of NPI and production support.
- Working closely with marketing and sales, participate directly in customer meetings to understand customer/market needs and to communicate with key customers on the development of new strategic products.
- Support technical due diligence for potential acquisitions in the Americas, or as needed globally.
- Build relationships with potential technology partners, participate in industry conferences as a technology and subject matter expert, identify and propose new potential technologies to drive long-term growth of BEA’s product offering and business.
- Support collaboration projects with other HALMA companies or other entities/partners.
- Participate in global R&D meetings and work closely with BEA counterparts in Asia and Europe.
- BSEE, B.S in an engineering discipline, Master’s degree or PH.D. degree desirable.
- More than 10 years of experience in leading Engineering teams in the development of electronic products.
- Demonstrable track record of success managing multi-disciplinary product development teams through the full life cycle of product development.
- Creativity and enjoyment in working in an environment that is purpose and results driven. Ability to work in a matrix environment with cross-functional and cross-cultural teams
- Possess a curious, courageous, creative and collaborative spirit
- Strong interpersonal and leadership skills, excellent presentation and communication skills
- Willingness to travel internationally as required.
- Demonstrated ability to organize and manage multiple priorities using effective problem solving/resolution skills and a team focus.
Submit Your Application
You have successfully applied
- You have errors in applying